martes, 6 de diciembre de 2011

Maipu, the Historic city.

The City that I know very well is Maipú, in their began was a little town and their origin is for the Maipú´s battle, in this battle the general San Martin in 1810 fought with the “patriotas” troop versus the Spanish troop. The Chileans won and the independence of Chile began.
 
In the place of the battle was built a Chuch in gratefulness to  the virgin of the Carmen, Mistress of the Chile, in the actuality only the walls of this temple stay, and in the twenty century was built a new, and more bigger than the previous temple.
In the actuality in Maipú live 500.000 people or more, this city is in constant grows, and few people know and is indentify with Maipú like a "maipucin@", because more people are coming every time.
The principal activity is the residential, because the people work in other communes but like Maipú is growing new activities like the financier or trade are appear in the city.
I like Maipú because is my city and all my family live and lived here, the history and the beautiful landscape are very important for all the country.
       

6 comentarios:

  1. Hi Sinchi!YOU DO NOT BELIEVE... but I not know about the temple from the virgen of the Carmen!!!! :(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. MAIPÚ!!!!! very beautiful city. is a lot of time thar i don't visit it !!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The history remainds me of school years xD
    I've never went to you're city, even it's not too far if you take the subway :P

    Take care!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I lnow that walls, but I didn´t know that was the Church of " La virgen del Carmne". Thank you for your story, are very interesting and cultural.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I haven't been to Maipu for a few years. I had an Indian colleague who lived there but I lost touch with her:(

    ResponderEliminar